So, what is a vaping pen and how to use it? A vaping pen can come in several different forms and can be used for inhaling several different materials. In fact, there are three main types:
- Oil vape pens – these can hold either e-liquid or liquid oils in a range of flavours and types.
- Wax vape pens – these hold thick oils with waxy consistencies
- Dry herb vape pens – these hold dry herbs such as tobacco leaves or botanical aromatherapy herbs
How Do Vape Pens Work?
Whatever type of vape pen you use, it will work in a similar way – by heating the material so that it vaporizes and can then be inhaled. Unlike cigarettes which combust the material producing harmful toxins, vaping only heats the material without burning it, so it is a healthier and safer option. Vape pens are made up of four separate parts:
- The tank (or cartridge) – sometimes combined with an atomizer in a single unit, a tank may be made from stainless steel, glass or polycarbonate plastic, and contains the material being vaped.
- The atomizer – this is the heater which converts the material into airborne droplets.
- Sensors and software – some simple vaping pens turn on automatically as soon as the user inhales, however others require the fire button to be pressed to activate the heating element. Whichever type your vape pen is, it will need a sensor to determine when the button is pushed or when the user inhales. Software embedded into the pen will control its parts.
- The battery – the battery of the vape pen will need to supply adequate power to operate the heater, and therefore a rechargeable lithium ion battery (or batteries), similar to those found in smartphones, are used to power these devices.
How To Use A Vaping Pen
Vape pens are usually very easy to use, and while some are a little more complex thanks to temperature controls and adjustable wattages, in the end, they all come down to similar principles.
The first step is to charge up the vape pen’s battery. This can be accomplished easily by attaching the battery to the manufacturer’s charger and then plugging it into a wall adapter or USB port. It may take a few hours to fully charge up a battery, however many modern devices have shortened the recharge time considerably, and many also offer pass-through charging so you can vape while you charge. The next step is to fill the vape pen. You can do this by inserting a pre-filled cartridge, by pouring some e-liquid or oil into the tank or by loading some herbs into the chamber. Once this is done, your device is ready to use. Simply take your first draw (pressing the fire button if necessary). Once you have inhaled from the mouthpiece, breathe in a small amount of air with the vapour and hold it in your lungs for a couple of seconds before you breathe out. Remember that you will need to keep your vape pen clean and well maintained to prolong its lifespan and to keep your vape tasting great.